Monday, September 5, 2016
Deciding to move out of New York City
I've been a New Yorker all my life. Born in the city, raised in the burbs, back in the city after college, I've been a city girl for a long time, and enjoyed all the wonders New York City offers. I loved it and never considered anywhere else to live. Luckily I've also spent summer weekends at the beach, a welcome respite from a city-based life. It was just about perfect!
But a few years ago I became unhappy with the city lifestyle. My neighborhood changed from being somewhat seedy but peacefully quiet, to become one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city. The improvements were lovely but now there are thousands more people, and lots of noise. Two major universities built high rise dorms in the neighborhood, and now there's a new city school for about 700 students. And we're quite the tourist destination, apparently.
As time went on I wanted more beach and garden time, and less city time. Even long weekends out at the beach six months a year was not enough. Doing all those fabulous city things like theater and concerts just did not make city life good enough for me anymore. I began to realize that city life was no longer for me.
So several years ago I began to plot my escape from New York.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment